From Constructions Electriques RS to RS ISOLSEC group…
Back in 1954 René Soumoy, an electrical engineer from Balteau ENERTEC (later absorbed by ALSTOM then AREVA, then GENERAL ELECTRIC), created a company called “Constructions Electriques RS”.
The first RS instrument transformers were designed at that time with EDF and ALSTOM as main customers.
Originally based in Gentilly , then in Sainte Ménéhould, this familly business grew every year producing better instrument transformers. Vaccum casting techniques for resin insulating envelopes were developped
In 1973 the company was tranferred to Cepoy near Montargis to gather the activities of plastic box and cast resin instrument transformers.
1995 sees the begining of exports, which nowadays represents the main markets.
In 2005 the instrument transformer business of ALSTOM – AREVA designed for the equipment of High Voltage substations merged with RS ISOLSEC. In that same year, the instrument transformer business of Schlumberger – Actaris – also joined the RS ISOLSEC group. RS ISOLSEC then took over the Walter, Enertec and Balteau instrument transformers brandnames and related manufacturing capacities